The Chamber of Accounts of the Tyumen region was founded in 1996 upon resolution of the first Tyumen region Duma.
Foundation of the Chamber of Accounts was prescribed by the Charter of the Tyumen region, which assigns the status and key powers of the Chamber of Accounts.
The main legal document regulating the activity of the Chamber of Accounts before 01.10.2011 was the Law of the Tyumen region “On the Chamber of Accounts of the Tyumen region” № 42, dated 20.05.1996.
On 01.10.2011 the activities of the Chamber of Accounts of the Tyumen region exercised in accordance with the Law of the Tyumen region “On the Chamber of Accounts of the Tyumen region” № 54, dated 28.09.2011 to Federal Law No. 6-FZ dated 07.02.2011 “On general principles of organisation and operation of control and audit bodies of the Russian Federation and municipal entities” were enforced.
The Chamber of Accounts is independent with respect to its organisation and functions.
In compliance with the laws of the Tyumen Region, the Chamber of Accounts is:
— a legal entity,
— has an official stamp and letterheads bearing its name and emblem,
— has the right of legislative initiative in the Tyumen Region of Duma,
— is registered in the United State Register of legal entities,
— is registered by the tax authorities and other state institutions.
The Chamber of Accounts works in accordance with the basic principles of legality, objectivity, independence and transparency.
Responsibilities of the Chamber of Accounts of the Tyumen region are as follows:
1) Control of the execution of the regional budget and the budget of the territorial state extra budgetary fund;
2) examination of draft laws of the regional budget and the territorial state extra-budgetary funds of the Tyumen region;
3) external audits of the annual reports of the regional budget and territorial state extra-budgetary funds;
4) organisation and control of the legality, effectiveness (efficiency and economy) of the regional budget, the budget of the territorial state extra-budgetary funds and other sources provided by the legislation of the Russian Federation;
5) monitoring compliance with regulations and disposition of property in state ownership in the Tyumen Region, including the protected results of intellectual activity and means of individualisation belonging to the Tyumen Region;
6) evaluation of the effectiveness of tax and other privileges and benefits, budget loans from the regional budget and assessment of the legality of state guarantees and sureties, or enforcement of obligations by other means of transactions undertaken by legal persons and individual entrepreneurs at the expense of the regional budget and property of the Tyumen Region;
7) the financial and economic expertise of draft laws of the Tyumen region and regulation (including the financial and economic validity of studies) in respect of expenditure commitments and regulation target programmes of the Tyumen Region;
8) analysis of the budget process and preparation of proposals for its improvement;
9) control over the legality, effectiveness (efficiency and economy), and use of intergovernmental transfers from the regional budget to the budgets of municipalities located in the territory of the Tyumen region, as well as verification of the local budget in cases stipulated by the Budget Code of the Russian Federation;
10) reporting on regional budget and territorial extra-budgetary fund execution, results of monitoring of expert-analytical activities, and providing such information to the Tyumen Region Duma and the Governor of the Tyumen region;
11) promoting in activities aimed at combating corruption in the limits of the powers;
12) other powers in the sphere of external state financial control established by federal law, the Constitution and laws of the Tyumen region.
Chairman of the Chamber of Accounts is Mr. Dmitry Ogorodnikov.
In accordance with the Law of the Tyumen region “On the Chamber of Accounts of the Tyumen region” № 54, dated 28.09.2011 the Chamber of Accounts of the Tyumen region consists of the Chairman, Deputy Chairman, five auditors and the general staff
The Chairman and Deputy Chairman substitute state position of the Tyumen region. Chairman and deputy chairman are designated in the region of Duma for a period of six years. Auditors in the Chamber of Accounts are designated by Region Duma for a period of five years.
Auditors and staff of the Chamber of Accounts are the posts of the state civil service of the Tyumen region in accordance with the law of the Tyumen Region of 23.09.2005, “On the register of civil service positions of the Tyumen region” dated 23.09.2005.
The Board of the Chamber of Accounts was created to make decisions on important issues of activity, including the planning and control of organisations. The Board of the Chamber of Accounts consists of the Chairman, Deputy Chairman, auditors and head of staff the chamber of Accounts. Members of the Board of the Chamber of Accounts have the right to wear a uniform.
The number of staff employed at the Chamber of Accounts in the Tyumen region is decided by the Chairman of the Accounts Chamber suggestion.
According to Resolution of the Tyumen Regional Duma № 3233 dated 26.10.2011, 65 staff members are employed in the Chamber of Accounts.
The structure of the Chamber of Accounts is approved by the Board by the Chairman of the Accounts Chamber suggestion.
Experts at the Chamber of Accounts are trained each year at the Centre for State and Municipal Control at the Russian Academy for National Economy and Public Service under the President of the Russian Federation education and research division “Graduate School of Management and Economic Security”, created on the basis of the Russian University of Peoples Friendship, participating in activities to exchange experiences, scientific and practical conferences, seminars, etc. The staff of the Chamber of Accounts in the Tyumen region won repeatedly in a competition to find “The best financial controller of Russia”, and were awarded diplomas and letters of thanks from the Governor of the Tyumen region, the association of control and accounts institutions of the Russian Federation.
To promote efficient organisation of a state financial control system, the Chamber of Accounts cooperates closely with the Chamber of Accounts of the Russian Federation, other control and accounts institutions, the Association of Control and Accounts Institutions of the Russian Federation in the Duma Tyumen region, the Government of the Tyumen region, law-enforcement, and other state institutions.
The Chamber of Accounts of the Tyumen Region signed a cooperation agreement with the Regional Office of the Federal Security Service, Office of the Chief of Interior Ministry of Russia in the Ural Federal District, the Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in the Tyumen region, Prosecutor’s Office Tyumen region, the Investigation Department of the Investigative Committee of Russia for Tyumen Region, Office of Federal Tax Service of Russia Tyumen Region, Office of the Federal Treasury in the Tyumen region, etc.
In 2006 the Chamber of Accounts in the Tyumen region took part in a Russian-Canadian programme to audit use performance of state funds.
In October 2009 the legislative and control and audit bodies of the three subjects of the Russian Federation – the Tyumen region, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug-Ugra and Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Region – signed an agreement on the implementation of control of the execution of activities of the regional target programme “Cooperation” in the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-Ugra and Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous District.
In 2008 the Accounts Chamber of the Tyumen Region became the first Audit Institution in the Ural Federal District to pass the certification of the Association of Control and Accounts Institutions of the Russian Federation, and receive a certificate of compliance with the Declaration of Principles of Control and Audit Institutions of the Russian Federation, the standards of public financial control legislation of the Tyumen region.
The Chamber of Accounts of the Tyumen region was admitted as an associate member of the European Organisation of Regional External Public Finance Audit Institutions (EURORAI) during the General Assembly held in October 2010.
In May 2010 the Chamber of Accounts established the Council of the Tyumen Region for the external financial control of the region, which combined all municipal accounting institutions and the Chamber of Accounts of the Tyumen region. The Council was created in order to improve the efficiency of the municipal authorities of the external financial control in the territory of the Tyumen region, the coordination of control and audit institutions at various levels and strengthen cooperation between them.